Friday, June 13, 2008

A Voice


I have a voice! My voice counts! Last Wednesday, I was signed into the NE Central Labor Council which is part of the American Union Movement through AFL-CIO. (The American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO) is a voluntary federation of 56 national and international labor unions.) When I started working for American Income Life it was the beginning of my union involvement because AIL is a 100% union company. In July 2007, I joined the Office of Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU) local 277.

The most exciting part about all of this to me is that I can speak my voice! All my life I have been worried about what people will think of me. Will I say the right or wrong thing, but when I am part of the union it is expected that you speak your voice. You have to be involved to get issues to move forward. My voices has been freed.

No comments: