We have a live bat living in our outside shed. Been living there for two or more weeks. Really neat opportunity to share this unusual situation with the kids.
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
BUT, I have posted more often than two of my brother's. Don't think I could ever keep up with SIL- The Rowdy Stroudy's. But today, even through MAJOR computer problems.... I finally feel like the computer area is setup.
It was dark but you get the idea. I love the board that holds all my pictures. It was given to me by my SIL Jacie last year for Christmas. It is suppose to be used to hold jewelry but since I travel so much and take my jewelry with me, I found a much better solution. Really like that I can change the picture out so often too.
Sunday, September 18, 2011
Do not dwell on days now gone,
"I plead with you not to dwell on days now gone nor to yearn vainly for yesterdays, however good those yesterdays may have been. The past is to be learned from but not lived in. We look back to claim the embers from glowing experiences but not the ashes. And when we have learned what we need to learn and have brought with us the best that we have experienced, then we look ahead and remember that faith is always pointed toward the future."
--Jeffrey R. Holland, "The Best Is Yet to Be", Ensign, Jan. 2010, 22–27
This was shared at church today and I felt a closeness to this quote.
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Think positively and masterfully, with confidence and faith, and life becomes more secure, more fraught with action, richer in achievement and experience.
~Eddie Rickenbacker 1890-1973, Decorated Aviator and Businessman
The header is compiled of pictures that Carrie Stroud took at the wedding. To see her work, go to carriestroudphotography.blogspot.com.
Left Picture: Sydney and Conner at the wedding reception holding pinwheels.
Center Picture: Is of the beautiful box that my niece Brianna made for Billy and I as a wedding gift. It went so very well with the theme of the 4th of July. The saying is so true, "Let Your Love Sparkle".
Right Picture: Billy and I leaving the reception heading to the honeymoon suite at Brasstown Valley.
More pictures of the wedding will be posted soon. Yes, more pictures. It was great taking them, so got to share them!!!
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
The best part was watching Billy's face as we started throwing. He had this grin on his face. I asked why he had that face. He responded that he was impressed that I could throw and catch. Made me feel good. All those years of playing little league softball proved itself tonight.
Saturday, August 27, 2011
First Speaker (Topic: Firm a Foundation)
- Only in Jesus Christ can we have peace.
- Be of good cheer for I am in your mist.
- The more we know of the savior the more we can with stand our trials.
- I will ease the burdens that are on their backs.
- The lord will have a people that have been tried and tested. The trials will
- Trials and troubles come to all of us and we don't want to trade with anyone
- When have trials we should ask yourself...
1) What would the lord want me to do with the situation
2) What am I to learn from this
3) Know that theses will give experience and strength
- Why trials... maybe it is because we are showing the lord that he can trust
- Sometimes we can help others with the troubles that they go through.
- Quoted a song, "How Firm A Foundation" that goes along with talk....
How firm a foundation, ye Saints of the Lord,Second Speaker (Topic: Joy in studying the scriptures)
Is laid for your faith in his excellent word!
What more can he say than to you he hath said,
Who unto the Savior for refuge have fled?
- Study the scriptures so that you need them
- The Lord knows us and He knows what we need. Important to rely on him because he knows us and by name (1 Corinthians 13)
- The scriptures are a way to speak to us.
- Ask as read, what would god have me do or feel.
- Go to the scriptures with a purpose.
- Going to the scriptures for what to do/Go for help.
- The Lord put HELP in the scriptures for us. They have they
answers for what we need.
- As read a scripture journals is a great way to recall what have learned.
- Set a time for self, like in the morning or evening. Once get used to regular scripture study will be missed if don't read. It's like food, we don't miss a meal.
- As we make the scriptures part of our lives, we can look forward to the scriptures becoming a part of us. For example, will begin to quote scriptures or use them in our lives daily.
Third Speaker (I chose to live by faith not fear)Billy liked inspirational quote
- True faith must be centered in Christ.
- Faith is a principle of action.
- Moroni Ch 7, discusses have faith.
- God is always faithful. He never flees.
- This speaker discussed a hymn that made a bunch of sense with faith and fear called, “When Faith Endures” hymn 128
I will not doubt, I will not fear;Fourth Speaker (Topic: Harmony)
God’s love and strength are always near.
His promised gift helps me to find
An inner strength and peace of mind.
I give the Father willingly
My trust, my prayers, humility.
His Spirit guides; his love assures
That fear departs when faith endures.
- Many different stages of life.
- By power of Holy Ghost you shall know all things.
- Need to go to the Lord and ask what should do.
- Discussed what Harmony means
- Harmony, consider what struggle with and listen and feel.
- What could do to improve?
- Expects us to be unified as parents and have patience.
- Desire of harmony should help be more patient.
- Our responsible is to make each other be happy and not point out faults.
- Do best when serve those we love with peace.
- Speaker mentioned that whatever seems unfair will be made write in Gods time.
- Should anticipate the need to forgive....
- Story from Ensign in August 2011 “The Lords Grace is Enough”
- The atonement has no bounds, if willing to repent.
- Our imperfections can become our strength because with the Lord’s help able to overcome.
God loves us and forgiveness is progression.
- Come to understanding that we have weakness and as we strive to be better we can.
- Anticipate the need to forgive and forgive.
Cornerstones of a Happy Home by President Hinckley
- Have Mutual Respect (stop looking for faults but for virtues. Ask can you say anything good about me), an ideal wife is anyone that has an ideal husband. Husbands and wives respect one another.
- The Soft Answer (Proverbs... a soft answer turneth away wrath) when raise our voices a mole hill turns to a mountain. Might not seem raised to one but could be raised to someone. He that is slow to anger will bring peace.
- Financial Honesty (Malachi pour out a blessing. Those that are honest with god will be honest with our dealings. Isaiah 58 speaks of blessing as does Malachi 8
- Family Prayer (Kneeling together with family in prayer and the big storms will not be as big when take to Heavenly Father. Relationships will strengthen through the years and feel the security because of the spirit that lives in the home. Will mature and grow with faith in the living god of children in home. As we live in harmony we can identify what is missing in our lives but not of our spouse.
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
"It is only when people shake off the baggage of financial misinformation they have acquired from their parents, teachers, friends and past financial disasters that they are able to advance themselves financially." Todd Dean
I find much truth in this statement.
Monday, August 22, 2011
Sunday, August 21, 2011
Sunday, August 14, 2011
Yummy. I made Matzo Ball Soup today because Billy and Conner are sick. However it was a great reason for me to cook the soup. Ive not had any since NYC last summer. Oh, how I love the memories that this soup makes me remember. My dad would make this soup for us growing up. I love the memories of him cooking. A lot of times that I cook on Sunday are days that I remember my dad.
He also loved to shop for bargains so I am happy for share that I got 6 boxes of the soup for $.99 each regularly over $3.00 a box. So that was one more additional memory of my dad.
I hope this helps everyone feel better.
Also, this is so easy to make that it is an item that I am considering adding to food storage.
Saturday, August 6, 2011
We went to the beach Saturday with family. It was to celebrate the August birthday's and it was the last time for Billy to go since the teacher's come back on Monday so we could really relax and have fun. Had a really great time spending time everyone. Conner and Billy had the first opportunity to spend time with my side of the family which was great for me to watch how well they fit in and are so loved.
Sunday, July 31, 2011
Friday, July 15, 2011
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Sunday, July 10, 2011
Monday, June 20, 2011
Conner took him breakfast in bed, he buttered the toast and went and got the newspaper for his dad. I cooked the sausage, egg and cut up the fresh pineapple.
Then after church, it was off to the beach to relax.... Billy and Conner threw the football which I actually participated in a bit. Conner built a great sandcastle while Billy and I got some rays.
Then it was home where I cooked Pork Tenderloin, Pan-Seared Aparagus and Roasted Potatoes. Dessert was fresh cut and very cold watermelon! Yummy!
To top it off....Billy said this was the best Father's Day he had ever had. He didn't have to do a single chore (I even took out the trash for him). For gifts, he got a Watch with a wireless Heart Rate Monitor, Picture framed with he and Conner fishing (very adorable) and boxers.
Great Day for All.
Friday, June 17, 2011
- Be responsible for the energy you bring to another or into a space.
- All the energy you expend trying to hurt someone comes back to you as pain.
- When you get it that you and no one else are responsible for your life, you will get free.
- Release the shame.
- Never lose you sense of gratitude for life and beauty and kindness and love.
- Work to overcome the sense of unworthiness. You are worthy because you were born.
- Every single person wants validation. Give it. Allow yourself to receive it.
- Find a way to give some service to others.
- Think of God, not as a name, but as a presence.
- Be still and listen and know. Listen to the whispers in your life.
- Stand up for your inner child who has been hurt. Identify the hurt, however buried, and release it.
- Gratitude is what you should take away from experience.
- Don’t say goodbye. Say until we meet again.