First Speaker (Topic: Firm a Foundation)
- Only in Jesus Christ can we have peace.
- Be of good cheer for I am in your mist.
- The more we know of the savior the more we can with stand our trials.
- I will ease the burdens that are on their backs.
- The lord will have a people that have been tried and tested. The trials will
- Trials and troubles come to all of us and we don't want to trade with anyone
- When have trials we should ask yourself...
1) What would the lord want me to do with the situation
2) What am I to learn from this
3) Know that theses will give experience and strength
- Why trials... maybe it is because we are showing the lord that he can trust
- Sometimes we can help others with the troubles that they go through.
- Quoted a song, "How Firm A Foundation" that goes along with talk....
How firm a foundation, ye Saints of the Lord,Second Speaker (Topic: Joy in studying the scriptures)
Is laid for your faith in his excellent word!
What more can he say than to you he hath said,
Who unto the Savior for refuge have fled?
- Study the scriptures so that you need them
- The Lord knows us and He knows what we need. Important to rely on him because he knows us and by name (1 Corinthians 13)
- The scriptures are a way to speak to us.
- Ask as read, what would god have me do or feel.
- Go to the scriptures with a purpose.
- Going to the scriptures for what to do/Go for help.
- The Lord put HELP in the scriptures for us. They have they
answers for what we need.
- As read a scripture journals is a great way to recall what have learned.
- Set a time for self, like in the morning or evening. Once get used to regular scripture study will be missed if don't read. It's like food, we don't miss a meal.
- As we make the scriptures part of our lives, we can look forward to the scriptures becoming a part of us. For example, will begin to quote scriptures or use them in our lives daily.
Third Speaker (I chose to live by faith not fear)Billy liked inspirational quote
- True faith must be centered in Christ.
- Faith is a principle of action.
- Moroni Ch 7, discusses have faith.
- God is always faithful. He never flees.
- This speaker discussed a hymn that made a bunch of sense with faith and fear called, “When Faith Endures” hymn 128
I will not doubt, I will not fear;Fourth Speaker (Topic: Harmony)
God’s love and strength are always near.
His promised gift helps me to find
An inner strength and peace of mind.
I give the Father willingly
My trust, my prayers, humility.
His Spirit guides; his love assures
That fear departs when faith endures.
- Many different stages of life.
- By power of Holy Ghost you shall know all things.
- Need to go to the Lord and ask what should do.
- Discussed what Harmony means
- Harmony, consider what struggle with and listen and feel.
- What could do to improve?
- Expects us to be unified as parents and have patience.
- Desire of harmony should help be more patient.
- Our responsible is to make each other be happy and not point out faults.
- Do best when serve those we love with peace.
- Speaker mentioned that whatever seems unfair will be made write in Gods time.
- Should anticipate the need to forgive....
- Story from Ensign in August 2011 “The Lords Grace is Enough”
- The atonement has no bounds, if willing to repent.
- Our imperfections can become our strength because with the Lord’s help able to overcome.
God loves us and forgiveness is progression.
- Come to understanding that we have weakness and as we strive to be better we can.
- Anticipate the need to forgive and forgive.
Cornerstones of a Happy Home by President Hinckley
- Have Mutual Respect (stop looking for faults but for virtues. Ask can you say anything good about me), an ideal wife is anyone that has an ideal husband. Husbands and wives respect one another.
- The Soft Answer (Proverbs... a soft answer turneth away wrath) when raise our voices a mole hill turns to a mountain. Might not seem raised to one but could be raised to someone. He that is slow to anger will bring peace.
- Financial Honesty (Malachi pour out a blessing. Those that are honest with god will be honest with our dealings. Isaiah 58 speaks of blessing as does Malachi 8
- Family Prayer (Kneeling together with family in prayer and the big storms will not be as big when take to Heavenly Father. Relationships will strengthen through the years and feel the security because of the spirit that lives in the home. Will mature and grow with faith in the living god of children in home. As we live in harmony we can identify what is missing in our lives but not of our spouse.
Choose your love and love your choice.