At the clinic, Kirsty gave the following tips for swimming:
- Focus on time not just place on podium. Once you make time that will put you where you want to be which is on the podium.
- Channel nerves into good thing to be successful, they can help us learn how strong of a person we can all be in our life.
- Swim for techniques rather than endurance. Focus on technique in younger years.
- At end of day we all have 2 legs and 2 arms- people put pants one legs on at time.
- FYI: Peak for women swimmer 18-24 yrs old but age growing.
BIO: Kirsty Leigh Coventry is a Zimbabwean swimmer and world record holder. She swam competitively for Auburn University. At 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, Greece Coventry won three Olympic medals: a gold, a silver, and a bronze. While in the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, China she won four medals: a gold and three silver. Currently she is the World Record Holder in the 200 m backstroke (2:04.81).
Additional PicturesThe below are pictures of Katareen with Kirsty.