Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year 2011

On my way home from going to Atlanta, GA for a Single Adult Dance with mom, I was listening to a Book on Tape, If Life Were Easy It Wouldn't Be Hard, by Sherri Dew. She quoted the below scripture and I liked. Thought to record in blog.
Doctrine & Covenants 123:17 Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed.
To me it means let us do our part and then turn it over to God. I find me trying to do just this daily. Some days are better than others. Plus the fact that knowing that if I stress too much about items that my nerves will start to make my skin itch. Don't like that at all. :D)

NEW YEARS RESOLUTION don't mean too much to me because I set goals throughout the year. However, I am going to make a resolution to post more regularly to this blog. This is my family history, so its important to keep these records.

GOAL: Post 2 x's weekly to blog
(104 postings at minimum for 2011)

GOALS already in progress:

  1. Health: Loss of 50 pounds by April 1st, 2011 (progress report: loss of 20 pounds, remaining of 30 pounds)
  2. Finance: 2 months of expenses in savings by December 2011. Step 3 of Dave Ramsey's Baby Steps.
  3. Family: Nightly Prayers and Sydney learn all 13 Articles of Faith (Progress Report: 1,2,3 and 13 complete)
  4. Personal: Learn Spanish to the point of conversational level.
  5. Professional: Make bonus every quarter in 2011 and qualify for 2012 Convention in Dominican Republic.

No comments: