Friday, January 28, 2011

Where's Tudy's sugar?

Today we went to my Grandmother's House. While Sydney and I were visiting, Tudy stated a phrase that I had forgotten. It's mainly for the little children when someone is hugging them and its not her giving the hug. "Where's my sugar?" "Don't you let anyone get all my sugar!" "Better leave some sugar for me." So what doess that mean? It means that my grandmother has a place on the back of our neck where she kisses us when we are under than 12 years of age. Usually by that age we are not crawling in her lap. It's a nice phrase to remember.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.6

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is still used in my house and always will if my wife has anything to do with it.

LearningByReading said...

Reminds me so much of my dearly departed mother and grandmother:)
It definitely caught on in our household as I am always taking sugar from my wife :)