Friday, March 6, 2009

Carmella is back!


Here I go talking in 3rd person. Oh well... :D) I am excited... So, since February 22, 2009 I started a new lifestyle based on the Dept of Health and Human Services guidelines. I have lost 6.1 lbs as of today! Yeah. That is at a bit higher weight loss than I should have lost but with the breakup I have not been hungry at all. I had people making fun of how little I would eat. But, I was nervous that I would throw it up (Gross, I know, but true). Today, it is official that my appetite is back. My stomach actually growled. LOL.

The picture to the right inspires me daily.

The Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommend that we limit fat in our diets to about 30% of our daily calories. This amounts to 40 grams of fat in a 1200-calorie diet, 47 grams in a 1400-calorie diet, 53 grams of fat in a 1600-calorie diet, 60 grams of fat in an 1800-calorie diet, and 67 grams of fat in a 2000-calorie diet. (1,600-1,800 is what my goal calorie intake.)

I have also added exercise into my weekly routine. I love CSI and it comes on at night when I can watch it and exercise after Sydney has gone to sleep. Then, I take my shower making me ready for the next day.
Have been very cautious of sharing this with my blog but when I heard my stomach growl it was exciting to me, plus I have made some great progress. What is important here is that it is not a hype diet it is a form of eating that has been researched deeply and one that my Aunt preaches. This lifestyle is so that I can live like this forever. There will be setbacks but I have some plans for them also. Another great tip is checkout www.fitday.com because it is what i use to track everything... my food intake, my exercise and my weight. Can't say how helpful it is. Check it out. I don't like to plan to eat but I can plan to watch calorie intake and know what I have left for the day.

No comments: