Thursday, March 19, 2009

Can become GREAT!

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."
– Mark Twain

This is so true. It is who you stay around. I also heard phrase that was interesting to me and makes me think about how I have applied my challenges.
"Look at Obstacles as Opportunities"
The preacher was discussing how we complain and try to make our obstacles what we want of them. But when we turn them over to god and take them as opportunities and forget what we want it all turns out better. We are not stressed when we think obstacles ARE opportunities. President Faust once said, "Don't ask the lord why is this happening to me but Lord what can I learn from this..." Well, I have carried this in my mind for years now but when I heard the "OaO" today it put a better and more current frame of thought. Which is helping me change my current path of how my obstacles are opportunities.

My obstacles what I can learn
  • Single mom, opportunity to build a better relationship with daughter and help other women in the church know that it can be done and done successfully. Also, it is an opportunity for me to learn who I am truly down deep to the core!
  • One income, opportunity to learn to spend my money wisely and how to live on a one income.
  • Weight, opportunity to understand overweight people and opportunity to learn to eat correctly and also help Sydney eat correctly.
  • Living in Quincy, FL., opportunity to learn Spanish and place where Sydney can grow in the gospel because it is a small branch. Also, opportunity to serve and help people in Quincy, FL.
  • Working from home which I love and rather than be an obstacle it is a blessing. Which I have the opportunity to keep the house clean instead of doing it when I Sydney is at home. Puts me in a better environment where I don't have other co-workers imposing their problems on me so that I can handle my groups. It's an opportunity for me to be successful.
  • Being a member of the LDS church in the South, opportunity to be an example and share the gospel with my friends.
We can all become great if we change how we look at the world into a opportunity.

No comments: