Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Bk- 3/21 Picnic @ Pine Mountain GA


Look Out Point, across from "The County Store"

Pine Mountain is one of my favorite places to visit. It is the only mountain that I grew up around however it wouldn't be considered a mountain by a person who grew up near the Rocky Mountain's. Pine Mountain is where the FDR State Park is located, my favorite American President. My family would take hiking trips together and it is also where my dad would escape from the family when he needed his time away. Which was a topic of discussion on the way for our Sunday Picnic. (As far as picnic's go, I remember going to Pine Mountain for another picnic that was so fun for me. It was when my French Class met the German Class my HS Sophomore year met at FDR for a Sunday picnic. That was the best Brat I have had in my life, still to this day.)


It is near Callaway Gardens where I grew up going to see the FSU Flying Circus in the summer time, swimming in the man made lake and playing on the paddle boats and putt putt golf, walking "Fantasy in Lights" at Christmas time, plus visiting the beautiful gardens and having butterflies land on my in the Butterfly Conservatory (which was opened on my birthday, September 25th, 1988 where there are over 1,000 types of varieties of butterflies.) But we didn't go visit Callaway this trip but wanted to document some of my memories. Liberty Pool, it is a pretty pool especially when it is clean. As the bottom of this pool, the pool was designed with a crack made of stones that represents the crack in the actual Liberty Bell. When we were about to leave one of Sydney's school friends, Kathryn came walking over from a hike they had just finished.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great pictures Mella especially the one of you and Sydney. Two lovely ladies.