Saturday, March 19, 2011

Books for Sydney (3.15.11)

Sydney loves to read. She wants to be a Librarian one day and I want her to be a Dentist.

(I want her to be able to take care of herself and be happy which is how I really feel, but Dentist are my favorite Doc’s to visit. Plus, she flosses and brush her teeth without being reminded at age of eleven)

The story though... While in Daleville, AL for a meeting this week, I drove past a Library. There was a sign that said, "Books for Sale". Knowing how much Sydney loves to read, I thought I couldn't go wrong with getting a few books. I hit the JACKPOT! The books were $0.25 each. I used all my cash that I had which was $16.80 but got $18.00 worth in books. That’s 72 books. (I’ve got summer reading covered.) The Librarian gave me a few of the books in support of another Librarian. During our short conversation while getting the books, I had mentioned that my daughter wanted to be a Librarian when she grew up. Maybe being a Librarian wouldn't be such a bad job.
By The Way.... I did a good job on picking out books. I think there 12 that Sydney didn't like.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is the kind of sale you find by luck and you did so well. Should keep her busy for quite some time.