Monday, May 25, 2009

Modern Civil Rights Movement Trip

What a great history trip! It really opened my eyes to what was faced in those times and how people stood up for equality. It made me wonder what side I would have been on. Knowing what I know now, would I have been on the side fighting for equality. But, knowing where my ancestry's came from what would I have been feed and would I have believed what they said or made up my mind differently. I don't have to figure that out but would have hoped I would have made the choice of everyone would have equal rights no matter where they are from or how they got here.
Downtown Fountain near where the slave market was in Montgomery, AL.
Rosa Parks Museum T-Shirt...
"Women who behave really make history"
Civil Rights Memorial (Outside at fountain)
Pictures of the 4 girls killed in the 16th Street Baptist Church bombing in Birmingham and the boy killed same day at the Civil Rights Memorial Museum.
The Church...
US just before heading to Shakespeare, The Comedy of Errors

No comments: